Thursday, May 3, 2012

Captain America


I was recently asked by a friend if I could make some cupcakes for her sons birthday - Captain America themed. Of course my answer was YES - and I started work on it right away. Working with Fondant is something I thoroughly enjoy doing and I dont get many opportunities to work with it. I just wish I had a few more skills up my sleeve so I had more confidence with it.

Firstly though, I had to go look for the right tools to make the Captain America shields. So I went off shopping, with my husbands help and found a few round and star cutters which I ended up making work. I also got myself some fondant letter & number cutters just because I wanted them for future use.

After a couple of days of working on the shields for the cupcakes, my friend enquired with me about a fondant covered cake. Now I had never done one myself before, I have however helped my mum decorate fondant covered cakes. So I offered what advice I had, volunteering myself to do the cake for her. She graciously accepted The rest of the cake she simply let me be creative with. I had so much fun doing it, I quickly accepted the next birthdays challenge (which Im currently working on now.)

Anyway, the following are the results of a few simple instructions and me letting my imagination go wild! I really enjoy being given a "theme" of a cake to do, and just being let go to do it and let my vision run wild with it. Its fun having a bit of freedom with cakes, but Im also learning when the customer has a vision, how to work with them.









1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing...love the layering. May have some more orders for similar come 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete